Tuesday 20 August 2013

Recreating a Hawaiian favourite - Acai Bowl



After recently returning back from Hawaii where nearly everyday I enjoyed an Acai bowl.
So I decided I'd give it a go & make one, as I had been missing them so much.

I purchased my Amazonia Acai powder from About Life in Rozelle, but you can also purchase it online directly from Amazonia.

I love the taste of Acai & the colour is just beautiful, Acai is just jam packed full of goodness & it contains over 16 types of antioxidants.
 
So here's my take on how to put together a Acai bowl.

       Ingredients
  • 2 tsp Amazonia Acai powder
  • ½ Cup Almond I tend to freeze the almond milk so the mixture is nice & icy
  • 1 frozen Banana
  • 1 cup frozen mixed berries
  • 1/3 cup coconut water

       Add Toppings after above mix is complete
  • Fresh Banana
  • Granola
  • Fresh Strawberries
  • Shredded coconut
  • Blueberries
  • Drizzle honey or coconut nectar, or your sweeter of choice
  • Mint to garnish

     Instructions 

  1. Place the 1st four listed  ingredients into your vitamix and secure lid.
  2. Vitamix "variable", speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to "variable", speed 10, then to "high". Use tamper to press ingredients into the blades. Blend for 1 minute until smooth. 
  3. Add mixture into a bowl, add your preferred toppings & serve immediately. 


 
 





    1 comment:

    1. Instead of using Acai powder can I use Acai Berry Juice. Actually I have bought three bottles of this juice so I think it would be unnecessary to go to market and buy Acai powder when I can make use of the juice for this recipe.

      Regards,
      Mantis Hugo

      ReplyDelete